Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Toilet Mechanics

Today we were cleaning the bathrooms together and as he was cleaning the toilet, I popped the lid off to show him the inside. I pushed the handle down and let him see the mechanics of it all. We talked about where the clean water comes from and where the dirty water goes, etc. We had briefly talked about the sewer and water systems in times past but I think this is the first time I have showed him the inside of the actual toilet. He was so fascinated.

Later he went upstairs to clean his bathroom on his own and I found him in there, flushing the toilet and messing with the float, watching the water drain and fill up, the levers go up and down, etc. He was so intently focused on it until he had "figured it all out" I guess. It's funny how interesting and educational the simple things in life can be to little kids.


"Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal..." 
Exodus 30:18

Hunter is 4 years, 6 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!