Monday, September 1, 2008

Swimming


Today on this absolutely beautiful Labor Day we took a swim in our little five-foot kiddie pool and enjoyed the passing summer sun.

We haven't done much swimming in that pool this summer, sadly, but it was nice to get out there and relax and have some fun. Some warm water from the house made the hose water extremely pleasant.

We got out goggles, a plastic pitcher, nesting cups, bubbles, some sinking toys, and a beach ball. I got in there with him, put up my feet and had a very fun time. We made "soup" out of the toys and also had some "tea time". We watched water pour through the holes in the bottom of some of the nesting cups and made big bubble by pushing the pitcher straight into the water, then tipping it to the side to let all the air burst forth to the surface. Hunter tried out his goggles and explored the bottom of the pool. I joined him, which he thought was pretty funny.

In a foot and a half of water you can't do much swimming, but Hunter did practice floating on his back and putting his face in the water. Hey - I'll take whatever I can get! I've really been lamenting that we didn't do more swimming this summer, but it motivates me even more to get our YMCA membership renewed so he can learn over the winter.

We hadn't laughed together so much in one sitting in a very long time, and it was nothing less than a wonderfully uplifting time of joy for the both of us. Of course, no one was there to get pictures of Hunter AND I in the pool, but even without the pictures it's moments like these that I will dearly treasure for the rest of my life.




























"Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted."

Psalm 89:15-16

Hunter is 3 years, 5 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!