Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Beauty of Refracted Light


Yesterday evening while I was making dinner, Hunter ran in the house and yelled, "Mom! Come and see this!"

He tends to call me to "come see" things a lot so I didn't really think much of it, and as I looked up to tell him "just a minute" I saw the most excited look on his face I knew it was something big. I hadn't seen this much excitement about showing me something since the time he found a book bag with Starry Night on it.

And sure enough, stretching almost the entire horizon visible from our backyard, was a beautiful, full arc, double rainbow.

And Hunter? He was running around saying, "How is this happening?" Which is where the conversation about refracted light came in, and how rainbows are made.

Then he had to show the neighbors.

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth." 
Genesis 9:13
Hunter is 4 years, 10 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!