Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Fever

This evening, after Hunter's nap, I took him and Anthony outside again to make the most of this fleeting weather. They played in the backyard while I worked on cleaning up the breezeway. At first they played on the toys (which have been buried in snow for the past three months) but then for more than an hour all they wanted to do was work on their "garden". He made the most of many of the tools that got left out and was hauling around watering cans, sticks, and the hose. He kept taking little rocks and sticking them in the ground with bean poles, saying that he hopes his plants will grow.

And I thought I was the only one with garden fever.

It made me really hopeful about our garden this year, I know Hunter is going to love it and learn so, so much. I'll be learning a lot too, as it's going to be my first year having my own garden.

My goal is to have all the plans ready by March, I'll let you know how it goes!


"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;"
Psalm 104:14

Hunter is 3 years, 10 months old
Anthony is 2 years, 3 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!