Thursday, December 11, 2008

Window-Washing Adventures


Several months ago Hunter was helping me wash windows at the gym and I meant to blog about the conversations we had, but never got to it. We were having some interesting talks about contrails, rock doves, crickets, and ants. While I washed I spilled some drips on the ground, some in the sun and some in the shade, and we decided to see which one would dry faster. We talked about why the sunlight makes the water evaporate faster, and enjoyed a little spontaneous science lesson.

Today we were once again washing windows together, and having our usual conversations, about the clouds and the weather and the people and the birds. This time we were singing Christmas Carols in preparation for the Christmas party that is coming up on Monday. I let him help me wash sometimes (he works on the windows I haven't done yet) or he plays on the sidewalk. He hasn't helped me with this in a while and I believe it was July or August since our last window-washing adventure.

The minute we got out there Hunter found two old, dead leaves and dipped them in the water then laid them out on the sidewalk, watching. He did this for a while before he brought up that he was testing which one would dry the fastest. It's so much fun working with him and it's nice to know how much he remembers the conversations we have, even if it was months before.


"... a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 8:15

Hunter is 3 years, 8 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!