Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You Know Your Letters?

Hunter never ceases to amaze me. It seems he is constantly blowing me away with little pieces here and there demonstrating just a small bit of how much he really pays attention, how much he really remembers, and how much he really understands.

The other day we were looking at a book from the library, an "I Spy" ABC board book.

I have been casually teaching him letters here and there for a while, but not very consistently and I've never tested him before.

But today when we were reading the book, playing the I Spy game, I discovered that he knew ALL of his capital letters! Each page I would say, "Can you find the 'C'?" and he knew it right away!

It was such a wonderful discovery: we give little kids far too little credit sometimes in their learning abilities.


"And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
Deuteronomy 11:19

Hunter is 2 years, 10 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!