Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Math Program - Anthony's First "Test"


Anthony passed his first "test" today. Okay, so it wasn't really a test: it was actually a problem-solving opportunity (which is quite different: see blogs on "testing" for more on this).

But nonetheless, I caught it on video that Anthony actually is absorbing everything I've been teaching him. And I'm proving to the unbelieving world that babies really can learn math.

I stepped into this math program on 100% faith. It sounded too good to be true. But I was genuinely curious: "It looks stupid, and it can't be true. But how exactly do they claim to accomplish teaching babies math?" And while I had never actually heard of anyone who was trained by this method, and even though it seemed impossible and too good to be true, there was a flicker of curious hope that said, "But what if it IS true!" I would never be able to live with a clear conscience if I didn't at least TRY it. So I did, and it has been a joyous triumph.

We are just in the beginning, and there is so much more to come. I am thoroughly excited and continually overjoyed in this discovery, and eagerly anticipate sharing our progress.

Anthony is 1 year, 1 month old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!