Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Potty Time

Hunter used the potty for the first time when he was 19 months old.

At that time I was really just introducing it to him, and hadn't started anything too serious, but he did really good and has been using it on and off since then.

This past summer, though, I've been getting a little more serious about it and have been trying everything I can think of to get him to tell me when he needs to go. I put him on the potty several times a day, such as after meals, before and after nap, etc. He usually goes at these times, and is becoming has told me quite a few times that he needs to go.

I've been trying to motivate him with stickers (he gets to put a Barney sticker on his potty every time he goes), and more recently, we've put a pull up on his stuffed Barney (who keeps his stars dry and always goes in the potty).

It's been working pretty well, and he's been going a lot lately. Now if only I could figure out a way to get him to go number two...



"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."
Joshua 1:8
Hunter is 2 years, 4 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!