Thursday, May 28, 2009

Please Play With Me!

So this evening I had to spend an extended while on the computer and had Hunter playing with some toys on the floor.

He wasn't being particularly patient and really wanted me to play with him, but I kept on telling him that Mommy couldn't play right now because I had some work I had to get done so he would have to play on his own for now.

He asked a few more times over the period of time I was on my computer, until all of the sudden I heard him say, "I will pay you a dollar if you play with me!"

To which he proceeded to walk up to me and hand me one of his over-sized fake playbills from his math shelf (which was actually a ten, not a one).

Which, of course, made me feel really bad about not being able to play with him - my preschooler is offering to pay me to play with him. It made me laugh though, and it was yet another one of those humorous, unexpected life with a preschooler moments that I hold so dear.

"For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it."
Ecclessiastes 7:12

Hunter is 4 years, 2 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!