Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Idaho?

Today I introduced Hunter to some state outlines. He saw them once, then I put them away.

Later when I showed him the second set of state outline cards, as I was going through he said "No!" and I stopped. "Go back" he said, and I backed up to the one I had showed him before. "No, no" he said until we got to Oklahoma. "That one!" he said. "Oklahoma?" I said. "No, it's not Oklahoma." he replied. "Yes, this is Oklahoma Hunter." "No" he said, and then proceeded to take the card and turn it sideways so that the long end was turned up.

"Oh" I laughed. "No Hunter, you're thinking of Idaho" I got Idaho out from the other set and showed him. "Is this what you were thinking of?" "Yeah" he smiled. "Oh, well this one here is called Oklahoma and this one is Idaho." It made me laugh. He's very particular about stuff like that. But, it was an honest mistake. Kids come make the funniest observations.



"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."
Isaiah 30:21

Hunter is 3 years, 4 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!