Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Real-Life Puzzles


Today Hunter was helping me while I was working on the brachiation ladder. He was really interested in the bolts and the nuts and I showed him how to twist them together.

He probably worked with this "real-life puzzle" for a good thirty or forty minutes. Twisting the nuts on there was a great way to develop small motor control and he worked with them a lot longer than he would have if they were just some silly plastic toys - he liked that they were real, grown-up stuff and that they had to do with what I was doing.

We also had a good time talking together and he enjoyed being next to me while I worked, and being a part of it all.

"And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it."
Psalm 90:17

Hunter is 3 years, 3 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!